Bottler: Signatory Vintage
ABV: 60.9% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Sweet syrupy raspberry. Honey, tobacco, ethanol. Really sweet and syrupy with a side of heat. Nice oak integration.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Good deal of heat. Tobacco, spirity and fruity. Raspberry, strawberry, light fig. Faint oak. Reminds me of a hotter take on the Edradour Ibisco I had some time back.
Finish: Short but hot. Raspberry, oak, ethanol and spirity fruitiness.
Overall: This is fun and delicious but definitely pulled from the cask too young. It’s youthful, spirit driven and dominated by heat.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Glenlivet Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #801. Glenlivet 1995 20yr Signatory Vintage First Fill Sherry
- Review #222. Glenlivet 8yr Signatory Vintage 2006 First Fill Sherry Cask Strength
- Review #339. Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve
- Review #729. Glenlivet 21yr “Archive”
- Review #753. The Glenlivet Founders Reserve
- Review #992. The Glenlivet 11yr Signatory Vintage 2007 The Whiskey Barrel Selection
- Review #1275. The Glenlivet 11yr Signatory Vintage 2007 63.5% ABV 900552
- Review #993. The Glenlivet 11yr Signatory Vintage 2007 The Whiskey Exchange Exclusive Selection
- Review #1299. Glenlivet XXV
- Review #642. Glenlivet 9yr 2006 Signatory Vintage Unchillfiltered Collection First Fill Sherry
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect