Distiller: Buffalo Trace
Bottler: Buffalo Trace
Selection: Old Oaks Cigars and Liquor
ABV: 53.5% ABV
Nose: Big butterscotch, vanilla, cherry syrup and waffle cone. Faint tobacco.
Taste: Sweet, lots of fruit, cherry and melon. Big vanilla at first, turning to caramel. Medium mouth feel. Heat grows with time. Cinnamon becomes prominent.
Finish: Long, sweet and rich. A bit of heat, but a nice pipe tobacco component.
Overall: Better than many of the Old Weller Antiques Ive had in the past. If not for the hot cinnamon on the palate this would be a real stunner.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #895. Old Weller Antique Annapolis Whiskey Society Selection
- Review #20. Colonel E.H. Taylor: Small Batch
- Review #67. Stagg Jr. Batch 1
- Review #190. Blantons Straight From the Barrel
- Review #1. Eagle Rare 10yr
- Review #614. Old Weller Antique Plumpjack Selection
- Review #149. Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye
- Review #8. Sazerac Rye
- Review #669. Blantons Straight from the Barrel 1/8/2015
- Review #612. Old Weller Antique Kentucky Bourbon Festival Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect