Bottler: High West
ABV: 49.3% ABV
Nose: Fresh baked bread, honey, wine, berries and new make. Ethanol.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, some heat. Toffee, clove, copper penny. allspice, faint blackberry. Vanilla bean. lightly malty.
Finish: Long but hot and sweet. Lots of berry, new make, clove and pepper.
Overall: Not bad, but malty, a bit of new make and the ol berry.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #809. The Feathery
- Review #812. Fortuitous Union
- Review #105. High West Yippie-Ki-Yay
- Review #113. High West Campfire
- Review #1239. Compass Box The Spice Tree
- Review #1252. High West Double Rye Select Manhattan Finish Big Red Liquors Selection
- Review #1016. Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend Sherried Marrying Cask Houston Bourbon Society + Houston Wine Merchant Selection
- Review #184. Compass Box This is Not a Luxury Whiskey
- Review #1293. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask The Party Source Selection
- Review #212. Hochstadters Vatted Straight Rye Whiskey
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect