Bottler: Buffalo Trace
ABV: 57.5% ABV
Nose: Bold and musty. Banana cream, vanilla bean, whipped cream and cream cheese frosting, along with musty cardboard.
Taste: Thin on the palate, but the heat is well restrained. Sweet and musty – lots of corn, wheaties cereal, cream cheese frosting and some faint stinky cheese.
Finish: Long but hot and musty. Loaded with pepper, cream cheese frosting and wet cardboard.
Overall: Always fun to try, and always reassuring to see something can turn into good bourbon later on. I’m going to give this a 0, AKA an N/A.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #895. Old Weller Antique Annapolis Whiskey Society Selection
- Review #892. Weller Special Reserve
- Review #67. Stagg Jr. Batch 1
- Review #190. Blantons Straight From the Barrel
- Review #1001. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection: George T Stagg 2018
- Review #1. Eagle Rare 10yr
- Review #149. Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye
- Review #614. Old Weller Antique Plumpjack Selection
- Review #612. Old Weller Antique Kentucky Bourbon Festival Selection
- Review #183. Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye 2011
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect