ABV: 49.3% ABV
Nose: Lots of big berry notes here. All sweet. Blackberry, raspberry, black cherry. Lightly musty, some pepper.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel, heat feels pretty in check. Lots of musty sweetness, faint clove, allspice, raspberry and black berry. New make note.
Finish: Medium length, sweet and juicy, faint pepper. Lacking a big bold rye spice I’d like to see balance out all this sweet.
Overall: Not bad compared to Act 5, but not as good as the earlier batches. The new make notes are pretty jarring compared to that rich, complex rye spice that blended so well with port finishes. Hopefully Act 8 brings back some complexity next year.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #809. The Feathery
- Review #812. Fortuitous Union
- Review #105. High West Yippie-Ki-Yay
- Review #113. High West Campfire
- Review #1239. Compass Box The Spice Tree
- Review #1252. High West Double Rye Select Manhattan Finish Big Red Liquors Selection
- Review #1016. Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend Sherried Marrying Cask Houston Bourbon Society + Houston Wine Merchant Selection
- Review #184. Compass Box This is Not a Luxury Whiskey
- Review #1293. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask The Party Source Selection
- Review #212. Hochstadters Vatted Straight Rye Whiskey
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect