Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
Brand: Four Roses
Selection: Brent Elliot
ABV: 57.5% ABV
Age: 11 Years 5 Months
Nose: Rich pepper, toffee, oak and an herbal spice. Dominantly brown sugar forward, paired with herbal spice. I could be told this was THH on the right day, based on the nose.
Taste: Thick, rich. A little hot, but not punishing. For 57.5 it’s noticeable. Lots of pepper, brown sugar, toffee and wethers caramels. Blended with robust rye spice and clove, this balances nicely to be a sweet, but spicy and herbal dram.
Finish: Long, a bit hot again, but loaded with molasses, pepper, allspice and a good deal of herbal spice.
Overall: I’m a big fan of this bottle. It’s a little more herbal than I’m used to seeing with OBSQ, but it’s delightful. Any older and I’d be worried about the oak.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #564. Four Roses OBSF Private Selection MCs Selection
- Review #960. Four Roses OBSO Private Selection West Lakeview Liquors Selection
- Review #685. Four Roses OBSV Private Selection Loch and Key Selection
- Review #946. Four Roses OBSK Private Selection Bounty Hunter Wines Selection
- Review #683. Four Roses OESF Private Selection Gomers Selection
- Review #704. Four Roses OBSV Private Selection Brigante Selection
- Review #954. Four Roses OESF Private Selection Tippins Market + Greater Detroit American Whiskey Society Selection
- Review #433. Four Roses OESQ Private Selection Bourbon Connoisseurs Selection
- Review #641. Four Roses 125th Anniversary Limited Edition
- Review #1157. Four Roses Small Batch Select
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect