Bottler: Naked Grouse
Brand: Naked Grouse
ABV: 43% ABV
Nose: Apples, pecan, oak and light pepper. Not a ton going on here, but nothing unpleasant is happening, either. Perfectly fine.
Taste: Thin, no heat. Not a ton going on. Lots of apple, light leather, some pecan, and a nice faint sherry component.
Finish: Short, musty and a bit hot.
Overall: Overall, this is just fine. Its not great, the short hot finish kinda kills it in the end, but overall it isnt bad. This gets a solid 4. It works fine neat or in a cocktail, though, Id bet.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #809. The Feathery
- Review #812. Fortuitous Union
- Review #105. High West Yippie-Ki-Yay
- Review #113. High West Campfire
- Review #1239. Compass Box The Spice Tree
- Review #1252. High West Double Rye Select Manhattan Finish Big Red Liquors Selection
- Review #1016. Compass Box Great King Street Glasgow Blend Sherried Marrying Cask Houston Bourbon Society + Houston Wine Merchant Selection
- Review #184. Compass Box This is Not a Luxury Whiskey
- Review #1293. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask The Party Source Selection
- Review #212. Hochstadters Vatted Straight Rye Whiskey
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect