ABV: 50.5% ABV
Nose: Fresh baked bread, honey, toffee, waxy fruits like apple and pear. Faint ash, light pepper, nice light sherry note
Taste: Rich palate, mild heat, but lots of complexity. Pepper, faint smoke, sweet honey and toffee. Faint plum, more fresh baked bread.
Finish: Long, powerful and complex. Fresh baked bread, toffee, sweet creme brulee and faint ash. More nice pepper and even a faint bit of salinity. Waxy fruitiness.
Overall: Overall, a big fan of this. I think it may be my favorite of the releases I’ve had from the GoT line, but I still need to try one or two.
Thanks for reading!
8 Most Recent Clynelish Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #909. Clynelish 20yr Signatory Vintage 1996 Refill Sherry Butt #8789
- Review #1000. Clynelish 27yr Dun Bheagan/Ian MacLeod 1990
- Review #325. Clynelish 14yr Gordon & MacPhail
- Review #1072. Diageo Game of Thrones Series: Clynelish House of Tyrell
- Review #300. Clynelish 29yr SMWS 26.105 – Bumblebees by the Sea
- Review #482. Clynelish 14
- Review #816. Clynelish 21yr SMWS 26.119 – Dark and Dangerously Good
- Review #1297. Clynelish 20yr Signatory Vintage 1990 Binnys Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect