ABV: 50% ABV
Nose: Nice structure here – sweet brown sugar, copper penny, clove, rye spice. Sweet toffee, vanilla, cinnamon. Pretty rummy on the nose.
Taste: Sweet, lots of molasses, nice oak structure. Definitely rum, if I had to guess, which I do. Sweet cream, faint oak, nice root beer and brown sugar note. Heat is in check, mouth feel is medium, maybe medium+.
Finish: Short, but mild in the heat department. Little kick, but nothing crazy. Lots of molasses, a nice creamy vanilla note, some faint pepper and orange peel.
Overall: Not bad at all. Really enjoyed this one. It could have done better with a little oomph, but something I’d happily drink. I’m going to guess rum, on the younger side, molasses based. 46% ABV or so. Maybe Privateer, but doubt it.
Thanks for reading!
7 Most Recent Privateer Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #855. Privateer Distillers Drawer Single Cask: Harvest Nectar P33
- Review #867. Privateer Tres Aromatique Overproof Rum
- Review #849. Privateer Rum Navy Yard
- Review #861. Privateer: The Queens Share
- Review #858. Privateer Distillers Drawer Single Cask: Thief and Hammer
- Review #864. Privateer Distillers Draw Single Cask: Cigar Box
- Review #852. Privateer Distillers Drawer: The Iron Dram
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect