Bottler: Real McCoy
Brand: Real McCoy
ABV: 46% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Sweet, complex. Honey, rosewater, lightly musty. Caramel, tobacco, light pepper.
Taste: Nice body, good mouth feel. No heat. Sweet caramel.
Finish: Long, rich and complex. Great molasses, brown sugar integration with some fruit like blackberry and currant. Brown sugar and tobacco end things for a clean finish.
Overall: I like this, it’s not built on the most bonkers rum base but it has everything I like, I’d drink a lot of this.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Foursquare Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #891. Foursquare Principia
- Review #807. Foursquare Premise
- Review #1294. Foursquare 11yr Single Cask Nation 2008 C+S Selection
- Review #479. Doorlys Barbados Rum 12yr
- Review #1166. XXX:One Foursquare 13yr r/Rum x Fine Drams 2005
- Review #738. Foursquare Zinfandel Cask Finished Rum
- Review #480. Doorlys Barbados Rum 8yr
- Review #1115. The Real McCoy 3yr Rum
- Review #780. Blackadder 12yr Foursquare
- Review #741. Foursquare 2004 Mark III Cask Strength 11yr Rum
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect