Bottler: Signatory Vintage
Brand: Signatory Vintage
ABV: 58.5% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Sweet toffee, melon, creme brulee, amaretto and fig. Rich and sweet. Lots of character here, no noticeable ethanol.
Taste: Thick mouth feel. Rich and loaded with toffee, honey, almond, fig and some currant. The berry presence continues to grow paired with caramel. Lots of blackberry, raspberry, stewed fruits. Ethanol is very much in check. Really nice palate.
Finish: The finish is short, but complex and well composed. Heat is in check, no sulfur. Loads of creme brulee, toffee, currant and fig. Oak structure is present and just right. Really well done.
Overall: Really great showing from both Bunnahabhain and Sigantory Vintage. This cask is a winner in my book.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Bunnahabhain Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #957. Bunnahabhain 13yr Marsala Finish Limited Edition
- Review #155. Bunnahabhain 12yr
- Review #943. Bunnahabhain 12yr
- Review #654. Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine
- Review #1205. Staoisha 3yr Heavily Peated Bunna
- Review #110. Bunnahabhain 10yr Signatory Vintage 2005
- Review #767. Bunnahabhain 14yr PX Limited Edition
- Review #1152. Bunnahabhain 11yr Adelphi 2005
- Review #216. Bunnahabhain 10yr Murray McDavid Port Cask
- Review #998. Bunnahabhain Moine Bordeaux
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect