ABV: 54.5% ABV
Age: 21 Years
Nose: Really sweet – bright honey, apple, toffee, vanilla bean, and some pear. Really fruity and effervescent with a toffee backbone.
Taste: Nice, full, rich mouth feel, although at the cost of some heat. More toffee, vanilla, fruits and the addition of some fresh baked bread. Delightfully bright and fruity. It’s sweet, but not cloying, although very on profile for Glenfarclas. Rich butter and cream round out the palate.
Finish: Long, but hotter than the palate. Lots of sulfur, tobacco, pear and some faint pepper here. It’s really rich, with creme brulee and apple dominating.
Overall: I really like this, despite the palate and finish coming through surprisingly hot. There is a lot going on, and it’s always cool to try and expression like this.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Glenfarclas Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #78. Glenfarclas 105 10yr
- Review #118. Glenfarclas 15yr
- Review #124. Glenfarclas 25yr
- Review #672. Glenfarclas 15yr Cask Strength The Whiskey Exchange Exlusive
- Review #94. Glenfarclas 17
- Review #72. Glenfarclas 12
- Review #79. Glenfarclas Faultline Casks (KL)
- Review #95. Glenfarclas 1990 24yr KL Selection
- Review #837. Glenfarclas 2004 11yr Sherry Cask
- Review #364. Glenfarclas 25yr Family Cask 1989
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect