The Schtick: This is the 13th Batch of Stagg Jr – a ten-ish year old barrel proof release from Buffalo Trace featuring mashbill 1. Image is a stock image.
Distiller: Buffalo Trace
Bottler: Buffalo Trace
Brand: Buffalo Trace
ABV: 64.2% ABV
Nose: Pungent cherry, toffee, coffee and oak. A bit of ethanol. Rich and powerful.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, bit of heat. Toffee, oak, sweet vanilla bean, cherry chocolates and powerful tobacco.
Finish: Long, a hair hot, but complex. Oak, toffee, vanilla, cherry cordials and sweet cream.
Overall: Powerful and vibrant, fairly complex. This holds up the legacy of batches past.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #895. Old Weller Antique Annapolis Whiskey Society Selection
- Review #892. Weller Special Reserve
- Review #67. Stagg Jr. Batch 1
- Review #190. Blantons Straight From the Barrel
- Review #1001. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection: George T Stagg 2018
- Review #1. Eagle Rare 10yr
- Review #149. Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye
- Review #614. Old Weller Antique Plumpjack Selection
- Review #612. Old Weller Antique Kentucky Bourbon Festival Selection
- Review #183. Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye 2011
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect