Distiller: Buffalo Trace
Bottler: Buffalo Trace
Brand: Buffalo Trace
ABV: 66.15% ABV
Nose: Honey, oak, ethanol, cherry and pepper. Heavy ethanol along with super rich cherry and caramel.
Taste: Toffee, oak caramel and coffee. Nice structure with a full mouth feel. A bit of heat but balanced well against the cherry, toffee and some vanilla bean.
Finish: Long, a bit of heat but rich with coffee, toffee, cherry cordial and vanilla bean.
Overall: Solid and consistent, delightful at every turn even despite the heat. I think I might like this just a hair less than 13, but we’re splitting hairs here. Can’t go wrong snagging one of these.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1385. Stagg Jr. Batch 10
- Review #1382. Stagg Jr. Batch 13
- Review #1338. Buffalo Trace Wheated Mash White Dog
- Review #1326. Old Weller Antique Old Oaks Cigars & Liquors Selection
- Review #1226. Buffalo Trace Rileys Wines of the World Selection
- Review #1147. Wheatley Vodka
- Review #1133. Cabin Still
- Review #1074. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection: Thomas H Handy 2018
- Review #1023. The French Quarter: Finished Sazerac Rye
- Review #1001. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection: George T Stagg 2018
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect