Distiller: Buffalo Trace
Bottler: Buffalo Trace
Brand: Buffalo Trace
ABV: 63.95% ABV
Nose: Toffee, nice oak, caramel and honey. Faint berry. Mild heat, lots of vanilla.
Taste: Thick, rich, some heat. Berries – blackberry, cherry and vanilla. Nice oak structure, rich mouth feel. Toffee and caramel.
Finish: Long, a bit hot. Lots going on, toffee, oak and cherry. Vanilla bean, nice structure.
Overall: Another winner from Buffalo Trace. It’s hard to go wrong with these. A hair fruitier, and a tiny bit hotter, but I like this just as much as releases on both sides.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1396. Stagg Jr. Batch 6
- Review #1388. Stagg Jr. Batch 12
- Review #1385. Stagg Jr. Batch 10
- Review #1382. Stagg Jr. Batch 13
- Review #1338. Buffalo Trace Wheated Mash White Dog
- Review #1326. Old Weller Antique Old Oaks Cigars & Liquors Selection
- Review #1226. Buffalo Trace Rileys Wines of the World Selection
- Review #1147. Wheatley Vodka
- Review #1133. Cabin Still
- Review #1074. Buffalo Trace Antique Collection: Thomas H Handy 2018
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect