ABV: 61% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Sweet, waxy fruits. Nutty, almond forward. Waxy Dole fruit syrup – peaches and pears. Really interesting. Sweet. Maybe some faint minerality. No big hit of ethanol.
Taste: Thin to medium in mouth feel but the heat is really well behaved for the proof. Sweet creme brulee, cherries, toffee and light sulfur. Fresh baked bread and brine.
Finish: Long, a bit hotter here. Mineral forward, lots of ash, fresh baked bread, honey and amaretto.
Overall: Really interesting dram, showing off a lot of stuff we don’t typically see in a Bunna.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Bunnahabhain Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1375. Bunnahabhain 12yr Signatory Vintage 2007
- Review #1287. Bunnahabhain 20yr A.D. Rattray 1991 Sherry Cask
- Review #1205. Staoisha 3yr Heavily Peated Bunna
- Review #1152. Bunnahabhain 11yr Adelphi 2005
- Review #998. Bunnahabhain Moine Bordeaux
- Review #963. Bunnahabhain 14yr PX Limited Edition
- Review #957. Bunnahabhain 13yr Marsala Finish Limited Edition
- Review #943. Bunnahabhain 12yr
- Review #785. Bunnahabhain 10yr Old Particular KL Wines Exclusive
- Review #767. Bunnahabhain 14yr PX Limited Edition
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect