Distiller: Wild Turkey
Bottler: Wild Turkey
Brand: Wild Turkey
ABV: 54.5% ABV
Nose: Baking spices, peach rings, clove, apple pie and rich toffee. No real heat on the nose.
Taste: Sweet, rich. Honey, peach rings, apple. Nice clove, some complex oak structure. Good body, a bit of heat. Vanilla, some pepper. Medium mouth feel.
Finish: Short, but a bit hot. Some oak, nice pepper, peach and apple pie. Fruity and clove forward.
Overall: Overall, this is very nice. Straying more closely to a fruity, clove forward rye, this expression clearly forsakes being oak forward in favor of the other two. I think this is all good things.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Wild Turkey Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1100. Wild Turkey 10yr Single Cask Nation
- Review #908. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Barrels & Brews “Backstage Pass” Selection
- Review #906. Wild Turkey Masters Keep Revival
- Review #904. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Master Distillers Select 2018
- Review #900. Russells Reserve 2002
- Review #709. Single Cask Nation: Wild Turkey Single Cask
- Review #701. WIld Turkey Kentucky Spirit The Wine and Cheese Place Selection #2082
- Review #674. Wild Turkey 8/101 1984 Decanter
- Review #660. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Jax Fine Wine and Spirits (Short Barrel) Selection
- Review #659. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Jax Fine Wine and Spirits Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect