Distiller: Buffalo Trace
Bottler: Buffalo Trace
Brand: Van Winkle
ABV: 53.5% ABV
Age: 15 Years
Nose: Sweet cherry, honey, toffee, nice oak structure. Tiramisu, no heat.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Some heat, but not too bad. Honey, toffee, bit of oak structure. Cherry, vanilla bean, fruity and sweet. Mildly tannic.
Finish: Long, sweet, rich. Toffee, caramel, strawberry and cherry.
Overall: This is pretty nice. It’s certainly better than the majority of the Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare single barrels I’ve had, so I feel like this has performed pretty strongly. You wont’ see the face of angels, but you will get to drink a plenty good bourbon. Historically, the 15yr has been my favorite of the Van Winkles (save for the rye) so I’m glad to see this stand up.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1399. Stagg Jr. Batch 11
- Review #1396. Stagg Jr. Batch 6
- Review #1388. Stagg Jr. Batch 12
- Review #1385. Stagg Jr. Batch 10
- Review #1382. Stagg Jr. Batch 13
- Review #1338. Buffalo Trace Wheated Mash White Dog
- Review #1326. Old Weller Antique Old Oaks Cigars & Liquors Selection
- Review #1226. Buffalo Trace Rileys Wines of the World Selection
- Review #1147. Wheatley Vodka
- Review #1133. Cabin Still
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect