Bottler: Spey Royal
Brand: Spey Royal
ABV: 43% ABV
Age: 8 Years
Nose: Bright and sweet, with some must and maltiness. Really reminds me of a single malt. Pears, apples, fresh bread. Sweet caramel. Hint of oak.
Taste: Thin and boring. No real heat, but there’s an artificial oak note here with some toffee and splenda. Faint must, tannic on the back of the tongue. Weird how young and oaky it feels without much mouth feel.
Finish: Short, not offensive. No heat but not much character either.
Overall: This is alright. Feels young and generally unexciting, and the splenda/fake oak note is weird. I’ll take Buffalo Trace.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1393. Deadwood Rye
- Review #1352. The Naked Grouse
- Review #1339. High West Midwinters Night Dram Act 7 Scene 2
- Review #1337. High West Midwinters Night Dram Act 6 Scene 6
- Review #1335. High West Midwinters Night Dram Act 5 Scene 4
- Review #1293. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask The Party Source Selection
- Review #1290. High West Midwinters Night Dram Act 7 Scene 2
- Review #1252. High West Double Rye Select Manhattan Finish Big Red Liquors Selection
- Review #1239. Compass Box The Spice Tree
- Review #1238. California Gold High Rye
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect