Bottler: The Whiskey Exchange
Selection: The Whiskey Exchange
ABV: 58.4% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Sweet wine – fig, date, strawberry. Ash, then the peat and earthiness. Sweet and rich, with the smoke to balance it out.
Taste: Medium mouth feel – no heat. Sweet pear, blackberry, currant, date. Nice blend of ashy peat and sweet fruits.
Finish: Long rich and smoky. Earthy mineral peat slap. Lovely complexity.
Overall: Total winner. The balance is perfect.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Tobermory Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1309. Ledaig 16yr Gordon MacPhail 1999
- Review #1279. Ledaig 12yr “Present Future”
- Review #1267. Ledaig 10yr Single Cask Seasons 2014 “Winter”
- Review #1158. Tobermory 21yr Cask Strength Manzanilla Finish
- Review #1048. Ledaig 22yr Gordon & MacPhail 1994 Bounty Hunter Selection
- Review #890. Ledaig 10yr
- Review #793. Ledaig 7yr r/Scotch Selection
- Review #789. Ledaig 13yr Amontillado
- Review #675. Ledaig 11yr Hermitage Cask Finish Gordon MacPhail Private Collection
- Review #323. Ledaig 18yr Exclusive Cask
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect