Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
Brand: Elijah Craig
ABV: 61.6% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Sweet cream, toffee, honey. Nice oak structure on the nose – ethanol is in check.
Taste: Thick and rich – well behaved on the heat. Sweet toffee, satisfying pepper. Oak structure is just right, though heat grows with time. Nice creme brulee and allspice.
Finish: Long and growing hotter. Overall it’s very nice, and I feel like this batch is starting to trend back up.
Overall: Real nice, but the finish leaves me wanting. The nose and palate are a big improvement over past releases though.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1286. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254. Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #1135. Mellow Corn
- Review #1111. Exra Brooks 7yr Bourbon
- Review #1021. Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Proof
- Review #914. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C917
- Review #912. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A118
- Review #910. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch #12
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect