ABV: 45.2% ABV
Nose: Vanilla bean, rich cinnamon and toffee. Oak. Cherry, blueberry and some pepper. Chocolate, cocoa.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, no heat. Sweet oak, vanilla bean and some berry. Not a ton going on, but the oak is prominent. Some clove and allspice.
Finish: Short but pleasant – lots of honey, oak, pepper and tobacco.
Overall: Certainly not bad, but also nothing super impressive. Really chocolate-y. Overall, I am surprisingly enjoying this the more I drink this – and I think it deserves a nice bump up from the 5 I was going to give it. It opens up nicely and has a bit more complexity than I usually get from Woodford, and the finish really is pretty nice.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Brown-Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1248. Woodford Reserve Batch Proof 2018
- Review #1216. Jack Daniels Angels Share 107pf
- Review #1127. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #1019. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof Woodmans Selection
- Review #1013. Old Forester 1920: : Prohibition Style
- Review #1011. Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #1009. Old Forester 1897: Bottled In Bond
- Review #1007. Old Forester 1870: Original Batch
- Review #886. Old Forester Single Barrel Ottos Selection
- Review #643. Early Times 150th Anniversary
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect