Distiller: Wild Turkey
ABV: 53.5% ABV
Nose: Sweet cream, orange peel, nice pepper character. Toffee, oak structure, some maple. Faint tobacco.
Taste: Medium to thick mouth feel, sweet toffee. Maple, oak, pepper. Tobacco, some orange peel.
Finish: Short to medium in length, some pepper. Sweet cream, toffee and a nice oak structure.
Overall: I’m a real big fan of this. Sure, it’s not M20, but I think it’s pretty darn good for what it is. I liked Ripy and others, but I think this is my favorite Barons release to date.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Wild Turkey Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1402. Wild Turkey Masters Keep Cornerstone Rye
- Review #1100. Wild Turkey 10yr Single Cask Nation
- Review #908. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Barrels & Brews “Backstage Pass” Selection
- Review #906. Wild Turkey Masters Keep Revival
- Review #904. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Master Distillers Select 2018
- Review #900. Russells Reserve 2002
- Review #709. Single Cask Nation: Wild Turkey Single Cask
- Review #701. WIld Turkey Kentucky Spirit The Wine and Cheese Place Selection #2082
- Review #674. Wild Turkey 8/101 1984 Decanter
- Review #660. Russells Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon Jax Fine Wine and Spirits (Short Barrel) Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect