Bottler: Pursuit Spirits
Brand: Pursuit Spirits
ABV: 56.75% ABV
Age: 14 Years
Nose: Spicy, oaky and powerful. Brown sugar, blueberry pop tart (strangely enough), toffee and vanilla bean ice cream.
Taste: Thick and rich, loads of toffee, oak, apple pie and oak. Tobacco is there along with bold oak structure and a dry tannic back palate.
Finish: Long but tannic and dry. Perhaps a bit more tannic than I’d like but the cocoa, toffee and sweet cream notes balance alright.
Overall: Not my favorite of the Pursuit Series, but lovers of dry oaky releases will be all in on this episode.
Thanks for reading!
7 Most Recent Dickel Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1429. Pursuit Series 012
- Review #1408. Pursuit Series 008
- Review #1405. Pursuit Series 004
- Review #1214. Barrell Craft Spirits 15yr Bourbon
- Review #762. Barrell Whiskey Batch 004 Rum Finish
- Review #754. Barrell Bourbon Batch 004 Rum Finish
- Review #210. Barrell Bourbon Batch 5
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect