ABV: 48% ABV
Age: 16 Years
Nose: Powerful peat, iodine, buttery biscuit, caramel, lemon candy and pepper.
Taste: Medium to thick mouth feel. Sweet honey, toffee, caramel and lemon. Some pepper, iodine, caramel and oak. Sweeter than peatier, with smoke far more in check than the nose.
Finish: Short, but sweet and delicious. Smoke balances, with oak keeping everything in check.
Overall: Very nice, balanced and sweet, though some more peat could serve the finish well.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Laphroaig Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1358. Laphroaig 25yr (2017 Release)
- Review #1249. Laphroaig 16yr Signatory Vintage 1998
- Review #1203. Laphroaig 11yr Malts of Scotland Sherry Cask
- Review #1201. Laphroaig 18yr Malts of Scotland Sherry Hogshead Cask 18001
- Review #973. Laphroaig 5yr Single Cask Nation 2011
- Review #949. Laphroaig 12yr Handfill Cask 2006 0666 Bourbon Warehouse 8
- Review #947. Laphroaig 7yr Handfilled Cask 2011 #3614
- Review #831. Laphroaig Cairdeas 2017: Cask Strength Quarter Cask
- Review #799. Laphroaig Cairdeas 2018 Fino Sherry Finish
- Review #732. Laphroaig 10 Year Cask Strength Batch 008
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect