Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
Brand: Elijah Craig
ABV: 68.4% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Rich oak, toffee, sweet caramel, tobacco and oak. Nice structure, ethanol in check, sweet and brittle-ish
Taste: Thick, rich, loaded with oak, toffee, tobacco and honey. Some orange peel, pepper, coriander and then it’s back to the dessert show. Vanilla bean, werthers caramels and rich musty sweets. I’m in.
Finish: Long, rich and powerful. Oak structure perfectly balances toffee, tobacco, caramel and oak.
Overall: Back on track, I’m hella into this release. Excellent work, Heaven Hill. This is best in class, and tops the majority of recent releases to me. If they can release a few more like this, they’ll be back to parity with Stagg Jr.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1420. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254. Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #1135. Mellow Corn
- Review #1111. Exra Brooks 7yr Bourbon
- Review #1021. Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Proof
- Review #914. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C917
- Review #912. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A118
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect