The Schtick: Recently, John from Bourbon Finder and I were chatting about doing some blind samples for one and other. Coupled with the fact he was interested in trying agave, we agreed to meet up and share some blind samples of a couple expressions of stuff we had been drinking. This is a blind sample from that, and I was given the reveal after completing all 4 samples and sending over my notes. Let’s dive in.
Bottler: Pursuit Spirits
Brand: Pursuit Spirits
Selection: Pursuit Spirits
ABV: 65.25% ABV
Age: 6 Years
Nose: Really floral and fruity. Orange marmalade, melon, berry and some apple. Pretty perfume-y.
Taste: Apples and pears, graham cracker crust. Medium mouth feel but hot. The fruit gives way to perfume sweetness.
Finish: Long, hot, searing finish. Lavender, tannins, apple. vanilla and some tannins.
Overall: Good, but really hot. This was revealed to me to be to be Pursuit Series Episode 017, a 6yr high-rye bourbon from Willett. The notes are really nice, but the ABV is unbridled. I bet in 3-4 years this will be singing.
Thanks for reading!
9 Most Recent Willett Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1266. Willett Single Barrel Bourbon Roksey
- Review #817. Johnny Drum Private Stock
- Review #425. Willett Family Estate 5yr Single Barrel Gift Shop Rye
- Review #353. Noahs Mill
- Review #345. Willett 3yr Small Batch Rye
- Review #343. Willett Family Estate 4yr Bourbon
- Review #277. Old Bardstown Bottled in Bond
- Review #80. Willett Family Estate 2yr Rye
- Review #50. Willett 3 Year Rye (Willett Distillate)
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect