Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
Brand: Elijah Craig
Selection: Cedar Hill Beaverton
ABV: 47% ABV
Nose: Sweet toffee, cocoa, waffle cone, tobacco and pepper. Rich and sweet.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel. Heat in check, nice sweetness. Oak, toffee, pepper, tobacco.
Finish: Long, sweet and rich. Pepper, tobacco, toffee.
Overall: Really nice EC selection here. I’m very much a fan since they dropped the 12yr age statement and elected to do single barrels, and this continues to please. Nice work…Beavertown.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1441. Elijah Craig Rye
- Review #1435. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919
- Review #1420. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254. Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #1135. Mellow Corn
- Review #1111. Exra Brooks 7yr Bourbon
- Review #1021. Old Ezra 7yr Barrel Proof
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect