Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
Brand: Elijah Craig
Selection: Raleigh Bourbon and Banter
ABV: 47% ABV
Nose: Sweet toffee, rich tobacco, lots of graham cracker, vanilla. Faint pepper. All sweet, dough forward.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel. Some heat. Apples, pears, vanilla, honey, lots of graham cracker.
Finish: Short, a bit hot. Pepper, honey, graham cracker, ethanol.
Overall: The nose is intoxicating, the palate is good, but the finish is a big disappointment. I know the potential is there with these, but I think this falls short.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1459. Elijah Craig Small Batch Cedar Hills Beaverton Selection
- Review #1441. Elijah Craig Rye
- Review #1435. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919
- Review #1420. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254. Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
- Review #1135. Mellow Corn
- Review #1111. Exra Brooks 7yr Bourbon
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect