Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
Brand: Heaven HIll
ABV: 52.5% ABV
Age: 8 years
Nose: Sweet cream, herbal spice, faint vegetal notes. Sweet honey, toffee, rye spice, brown sugar, coffee and nice oak.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, growing thicker with time. Honey, toffee, lots of spice. Super spicy, loaded with clove, pepper, honey, toffee and some dirty tobacco. Yummy, metallic.
Finish: Long, powerful and sweet. Herbal, spicy, oaky.
Overall: This is a monster in so many ways. Though the finish lets it down, the nose and palate come to play ball and there is no denying how well they perform.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1465. Elijah Craig Small Batch Tippins Selection
- Review #1462. Elijah Craig Small Batch Raleigh Bourbon and Banter Selection
- Review #1459. Elijah Craig Small Batch Cedar Hills Beaverton Selection
- Review #1441. Elijah Craig Rye
- Review #1435. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919
- Review #1420. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11
- Review #1254. Elijah Craig Gift Shop Bourbon “Grenade”
- Review #1232. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch A119
- Review #1138. Old Fitzgerald Prime
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect