ABV: 46% ABV
Age: 12 Years
Nose: Sweet brown sugar. Incredibly musty. Fresh cut wood, sawdust, misty tobacco. Incredibly damp smelling.
Taste: Thin to medium. Sweet honey, prune, fig, sherry. Pepper, some oak. Super musty again.
Finish: Medium in length, faint heat. Pepper, musty heat, sweet stewed fruits. Pipe tobacco, cocoa.
Overall: This is bizarre in that it drinks like a 40yr old sherried malt and a 10yr old sherried malt at the same time, in a way I can’t quite figure out. I’ve gone back and forth over and over, but this is just a miss for me. Its bizarre, and will absolutely be someone’s cup of tea, but it’s not mine. Bye bye, miss Caledonian pie.
Thanks for reading!
8 Most Recent Edradour Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1457. Ballechin 11yr The Ultimate Whisky Company 2007
- Review #1277. Edradour 9yr The Ultimate 2009 Cask Strength First Fill Sherry Cask #45
- Review #1255. Edradour 13 Year Old 2005 Sherry (Cask #144) – Signatory Ibisco Decanter
- Review #896. Edradour 10yr Super Tuscan Single Cask 2006 Specs Selection
- Review #893. Edradour 8yr 2007 Grand Arome Rum Cask Finish
- Review #854. Ballechin 11yr Manzanilla Cask Vintage Wines Selection
- Review #644. Edradour 10yr 2006 Signatory Vintage Unchillfiltered Collection First Fill Sherry
- Review #61. Edradour Straight from The Cask
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect