Bottler: Whistle Pig
Brand: Whistle Pig
ABV: 57.35% ABV
Age: 13.5 Years
Nose: Sweet cream, herbal spice, faint vegetal notes. Sweet honey, toffee, rye spice, brown sugar, coffee and nice oak.
Taste: Thin to medium mouth feel, growing thicker with time. Honey, toffee, lots of spice. Super spicy, loaded with clove, pepper, honey, toffee and some dirty tobacco. Yummy, metallic.
Finish: Long, powerful and sweet. Herbal, spicy, oaky.
Overall: This is a monster in so many ways. Though the finish lets it down slightly, the nose and palate come to play ball and there is no denying that.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent MGP Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1262. Smooth Ambler Old Scout 11yr Single Barrel
- Review #1234. Blaum Bros Oldfangled Knotter 12yr Bourbon
- Review #1118. Bulleit Rye
- Review #1094. Whistle Pig 10yr Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye 5 Star Liquor OWS 2018 Selection (MGP)
- Review #1086. WhistlePig 10yr Single Barrel Rye Reg Stone MGP
- Review #1083. WhistlePig 10yr Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye “Pig Casserole” Wine + Whiskey County Selection
- Review #1080. Whistle Pig 10yr Single Barrel Cask Strength Rye 5 Star Liquor OWS 2018 Selection (MGP)
- Review #1077. Smooth Ambler Old Scout Limited Edition Single Barrel Rye 11yr
- Review #956. Redemption 9yr Barrel Proof Bourbon
- Review #942. Joseph Magnus Sherry Finished Bourbon Whiskey
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect