The Schtick: This is Kentucky Owl’s, the Stoli owned NDP most well known for mastering the engineered pump and dump. This is their first Rye whiskey released. With no word on source or age, I’m guessing Barton, but it’s hard to tell what to expect since that is nothing more than a guess. Let’s dive in.
Bottler: Kentucky Owl
Brand: Kentucky Owl
ABV: 55.3% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Sweet brown sugar, pepper, fruity banana, apple, tobacco.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, copper penny, toffee, brown sugar, lightly vegetal, some tannins.
Finish: Short, some tannins, brown sugar, apple and pear, caramel.
Overall: Nice, but not super remarkable. I’ll take a lot of other ryes before this one, notably Alberta, but there is nothing wrong here.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Undisclosed Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1478. Blackadder Red Snake Cask #49
- Review #1475. Blackadder Red Snake Cask #50
- Review #1387. J. Mattingly LEX Redeye
- Review #1253. Campeltown Blend Cadenheads PBS
- Review #1222. Kirkland London Dry Gin
- Review #1208. Jefferson’s Reserve Pritchard Hill Cabernet Total Wine Selection A-204
- Review #1197. Single Cask Nation Blended Malt 12 Yr FF Sherry
- Review #1163. L’Art de l’Exceptionnel 20yr Woodwinter Cognac 1993 Vintage
- Review #1145. The Kraken Rum
- Review #1124. Widow Jane 10yr Bourbon Whiskey
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect