ABV: 50.7% ABV
Nose: Rich bbq, sweet lemon cream, mineral smoke and burning wood. Faintly medicinal, rich with fruitiness.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Bit of heat, but nothing wild. Sweet plum, lemon, mango. This pairs nicely with medicinal ash smoke and minerality.
Finish: Long, rich and dry. Tannic, crisp and drying on the back palate. Ashy smoke, faint pork ribs and sulfur remain.
Overall: This is quite a ride, and one I’m happy to take all tbe way to the station. Nice to see an Ardbeg CR perform well, as they seem to be hit or miss. Yum.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Ardbeg Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1285. Ardbeg Drum Committee Release
- Review #1259. Ardbeg Drum Committee Release
- Review #997. Ardbeg Auriverdes
- Review #911. Ardbeg 12yr The Boutique-y Whisky Company 2004
- Review #845. Ardbeg 2006 Airigh Nam Beist
- Review #765. Ardbeg 21yr
- Review #725. Ardbeg Grooves Committee Release
- Review #629. Ardbeg Kelpie Committee Release
- Review #627. Ardbeg Dark Cove Committee Release
- Review #520. Ardbeg An Oa
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect