Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
Brand: Four Roses
ABV: 56.1% ABV
Age: 10 years 3 Months
Nose: Toffee, waffle cone, red berries and custard. Sweet, fruity, fairly decadent.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, some caramel, praline, honey, red berries and a rich clove note. This is quintessential four roses and it is delicious. Heat is in check, clearly a lower proof bottling.
Finish: Heat grows a little with time, rich clove, tannic oaky structure and some toffee. Really nice transition here, without becoming too tannic.
Overall: I don’t always find myself a fan of OESV but this is striding just right. Yum.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1528. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Gordons Selection
- Review #1525. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Unkown Selection
- Review #1518. Four Roses OBSK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1343. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Gift Shop Brent Elliot Selection
- Review #1292. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Steves Liquor Selection
- Review #1264. Four Roses OESV Private Selection The Exclusive Society Selection “Cage #Brown Brown”
- Review #1202. Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 130th Anniversary
- Review #1157. Four Roses Small Batch Select
- Review #1015. Four Roses OESV Private Selection Coxs Spirit Shoppes and Evergreen Liquors Selection
- Review #960. Four Roses OBSO Private Selection West Lakeview Liquors Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect