The Schtick: This is an OBSV recipe single barrel Private Selection from Four Roses that was selected by Carothers. At just over 8.5 years old and at barrel proof, this one should be a fun tasting. Let’s dive in.
Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
Brand: Four Roses
ABV: 62.6% ABV
Age: 8 years 7 Months
Nose: Rich and bready, very spirity on the nose. Lots of caramel, apple pie, toffee and cherry here. Big fruity notes with bready undertones.
Taste: Big and rich on the palate – syrupy with lots of complexity. Heat is here but well behaved, lots of cherry, clove, apple pie and cocoa.
Finish: Long, oaky and sweet. Tannic, lots of cocoa, tobacco and vanilla bean.
Overall: Really nice selection here with some great diversity in notes. Especially big fan of that cherry and apple pie on the nose.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1534. Four Roses OESV Private Selection 107 Liquors Selection
- Review #1528. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Gordons Selection
- Review #1525. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Unkown Selection
- Review #1518. Four Roses OBSK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1343. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Gift Shop Brent Elliot Selection
- Review #1292. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Steves Liquor Selection
- Review #1264. Four Roses OESV Private Selection The Exclusive Society Selection “Cage #Brown Brown”
- Review #1202. Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 130th Anniversary
- Review #1157. Four Roses Small Batch Select
- Review #1015. Four Roses OESV Private Selection Coxs Spirit Shoppes and Evergreen Liquors Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect