Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
Brand: Four Roses
Selection: Twin Liquors
ABV: 57.7% ABV
Age: 8 Years 7 Months
Nose: Waffle cone, herbal spice, big hint of pine and toffee.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, some heat, but it’s behaved. Little closed off, but then the toffee, cherry, graham cracker and tobacco.
Finish: Long, but powerfully ethanol forward – very hot. Loads of dessert and fruit spice here but the heat is sort of out of control.
Overall: Heat aside, this is really quite nice. The palate has lots of great flavors despite it not exploding with flavor,
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1541. Four Roses OESQ Private Selection Twin Liquors Selection
- Review #1537. Four Roses OBSV Private Selection Carothers Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1534. Four Roses OESV Private Selection 107 Liquors Selection
- Review #1528. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Gordons Selection
- Review #1525. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1518. Four Roses OBSK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1343. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Gift Shop Brent Elliot Selection
- Review #1292. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Steves Liquor Selection
- Review #1264. Four Roses OESV Private Selection The Exclusive Society Selection “Cage #Brown Brown”
- Review #1202. Four Roses Small Batch Limited Edition 130th Anniversary
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect