Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
Brand: Four Roses
ABV: 55.6% ABV
Nose: Brown sugar, baking spice, pepper and cloves. Rich and savory leaning in the dessert and spice forward direction.
Taste: Sweet brown sugar, medium mouth feel, faint heat. Spicy clove, rich herbal spice and some orange zest.
Finish: Long, rich and herbal. A hint of heat, but very well behaved. This is really quite nice.
Overall: This is pretty nice. That spicy B mash bill is bringing the spice, and the fruits are here in that orange peel I so often find in O yeasts. Delicious, despite the big question mark on selection, age and barrel. If I had to guess, I’d put this in the 9 year range.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1547. Four Roses OBSF Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1544. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Twin Liquors Selection
- Review #1541. Four Roses OESQ Private Selection Twin Liquors Selection
- Review #1537. Four Roses OBSV Private Selection Carothers Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1534. Four Roses OESV Private Selection 107 Liquors Selection
- Review #1528. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Gordons Selection
- Review #1525. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1518. Four Roses OBSK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1343. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Gift Shop Brent Elliot Selection
- Review #1292. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Steves Liquor Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect