Distiller: Four Roses
Bottler: Four Roses
Brand: Four Roses
Selection: Twin Liquors
ABV: 52.4% ABV
Age: 9 Years 8 Months
Nose: Rich clove spice, cocoa, toffee and almost a fudge component. Rich with honey, some toffee sweetness. Really dessert forward on the nose.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Whew, lots of orange peel, some pepper, nice oak structure. Really covers the tongue, though there is some heat. Toffee, vanilla bean and spicy tobacco on the back palate.
Finish: Long, lots of nice oak here with pepper, plum, toffee and some vanilla. Not the most complex finish, but I like it.
Overall: This is really pretty yummy. While not mind blowing, everything it is doing, it’s doing right, and I’d happily drink this again.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Four Roses Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1550. Four Roses OBSO Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1547. Four Roses OBSF Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1544. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Twin Liquors Selection
- Review #1541. Four Roses OESQ Private Selection Twin Liquors Selection
- Review #1537. Four Roses OBSV Private Selection Carothers Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1534. Four Roses OESV Private Selection 107 Liquors Selection
- Review #1528. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Gordons Selection
- Review #1525. Four Roses OESK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1518. Four Roses OBSK Private Selection Unknown Selection
- Review #1343. Four Roses OBSQ Private Selection Gift Shop Brent Elliot Selection
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect