The Schtick: Distilled at an undisclosed distillery in El Salvador, Rolling Fork 11yr Rum is partially aged in the tropics and partially aged in Kentucky, and is comprised of a blend of bourbon and rye cask aged barrels. This is the first release batch, denoted as 2020B1. Bottled at cask strength with no additives or filtering. Let’s dive in.
Bottler: Rolling Fork
Brand: Rolling Fork
ABV: 55% ABV
Age: 11 Years
Nose: Sweet maple, mango, molasses, light tobacco. Sweet and carries nicely, faint oak notes.
Taste: Sweet on the palate – rich molasses and toffee, faint bread and pepper. Sweet and rum forward on the palate, light oak structure. Mostly sugars forward, not very funky or fruity on the palate which is fun. Medium mouth feel.
Finish: Long, a bit hot, but sweet and filled with brown sugar, pepper, banana and light oak.
Overall: Really nice for a less cask influenced American rum. Love what’s going on here so far, and I’m totally into it. Looking forward to more releases.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Undisclosed Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1589. Four Gate Whiskey Company Foundation Batch 3
- Review #1554. Grangestone 12yr Scotch Whiskey
- Review #1552. Navazos Palazzi Ron 2020 23yr Rum
- Review #1524. Bozal Sacatoro
- Review #1508. Barrell Craft Spirits 14yr Single Barrel V220 Rye Bourbon Street Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1496. Kentucky Owl Rye Batch #1
- Review #1478. Blackadder Red Snake Cask #49
- Review #1475. Blackadder Red Snake Cask #50
- Review #1387. J. Mattingly LEX Redeye
- Review #1253. Campeltown Blend Cadenheads PBS
0 | Unscored | New Make Spirit or Personal Selection.
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect