Bottler: Pursuit Series
Brand: Pursuit Series
ABV: 59.55% ABV
Age: 15 Years
Nose: Powerful cocoa, some grape, some cherry, strong oak structure. Pungent and tannic with lots of caramel, praline and cocoa.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. A bit hot, but nothing out of the ordinary. Lots of cocoa, some pepper, nice cherry note, some blackberry and sourdough. Tastes much older, much more tannic and complex.
Finish: Long, dry and sweet. Toffee, waffle cone, dry oak. Super tannic here, lots of pepper, leaves the palate bone dry on exit.
Overall: This is really quite nice save for some serious overoaking in my opinion. I love the nose and the palate is really pretty great as well, but the finish is much more bitter and oaky than I’d prefer. That said, this is a very good bourbon, especially for you oak heads out there.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Dickel Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1477. Pursuit Series 023
- Review #1474. Pursuit Series 022
- Review #1471. Pursuit Series 019
- Review #1453. Pursuit Series 012
- Review #1447. Pursuit Series 013
- Review #1432. Pursuit Series 013
- Review #1429. Pursuit Series 012
- Review #1408. Pursuit Series 008
- Review #1405. Pursuit Series 004
- Review #1214. Barrell Craft Spirits 15yr Bourbon
0 | Unscored | New Make Spirit or Personal Selection.
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect