ABV: 50% ABV
Age: 10 Years
Nose: Sweet sherry, light moss. Honey, some nutty candy. Fig, raisin, some wine. A hair closed off on the nose, but still quite a bit going on nonetheless.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Cocoa, red wine, fig and candied dates. Toffee, light ethanol, some pecan. Light honey, some pepper. Not super complex, but there is some pleasant stuff happening here, and I like it.
Finish: Short finish, without a lot of depth. Honey, red fruits, blackberry, pepper, tobacco and pecan.
Overall: Interesting but not very robust – the finish is weak. It feels like Sherry Bomb Lite ™ but I like it quite a bit more than something like Macallan 12. This is not unseating and greats, but man, it is very good in that the nose is enticing, the palate has it going on, and the finish is short but flavorful.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Various Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1523. Barrell Rum NASA Liquor Selection
- Review #1451. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask NY State Edition
- Review #1448. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask Unholy Triumvirate Cask #31
- Review #1445. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask Unholy Triumvirate Cask #68
- Review #1442. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask Unholy Triumvirate Cask #10
- Review #1439. Compass Box Great King Street Single Marrying Cask Unholy Triumvirate Cask #1
- Review #1412. Spey Royal Dusty Blended Scotch Whiskey
- Review #1393. Deadwood Rye
- Review #1352. The Naked Grouse
- Review #1339. High West Midwinters Night Dram Act 7 Scene 2
0 | Unscored | New Make Spirit or Personal Selection.
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect