ABV: 61.2% ABV
Nose: Pungent tobacco, rich plum and currant, sticky toffee and tiramisu. Oak forward and dry, but not bitter. Fudge, caramel and a vanilla richness. Really complex.
Taste: Rich on the palate, sweet toffee, honey, peanut brittle and caramel. Reminds me of a really competent Knob Creek pick. Fun apple pie note, before tobacco and pudding drop in. Heat is there, but in check. Decadent would be a really appropriate term to describe this dram on the palate. Coats nicely, drips down the jawline.
Finish: Short to medium finish, but loaded with flavor. Caramel, toffee, cocoa and fudge. Musty old oak and tobacco, pepper, and a hint of praline.
Overall: Really excellent from start to finish. Big fan of this bottling, and kudos to the barrel buyers for avoiding oak driven barrels that would have, in my opinion, diminished this.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Undisclosed Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1606. Plantation Jamaica 2002 Grand Terroir
- Review #1597. Rolling Fork 11yr Rum
- Review #1589. Four Gate Whiskey Company Foundation Batch 3
- Review #1554. Grangestone 12yr Scotch Whiskey
- Review #1552. Navazos Palazzi Ron 2020 23yr Rum
- Review #1524. Bozal Sacatoro
- Review #1508. Barrell Craft Spirits 14yr Single Barrel V220 Rye Bourbon Street Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1496. Kentucky Owl Rye Batch #1
- Review #1478. Blackadder Red Snake Cask #49
- Review #1475. Blackadder Red Snake Cask #50
0 | Unscored | New Make Spirit or Personal Selection.
1 | Disgusting | So bad I poured it out.
2 | Poor | I wouldn’t consume by choice.
3 | Bad | Multiple flaws.
4 | Sub-par | Not bad, but many things I’d rather have.
5 | Good | Good, just fine.
6 | Very Good | A cut above.
7 | Great | Well above average
8 | Excellent | Really quite exceptional.
9 | Incredible | An all time favorite
10 | Perfect | Perfect