Bottler: Old Forester
Brand: Old Forester
ABV: 58.15% ABV
Age: 9 Years
Nose: Sweet, oh so rich. Raisins, honey, toffee, banana bread, zucchini bread, pungent cream and caramel. Wow.
Taste: Sweet on the palate, delivering lots of pepper, banana bread, honey and some astringency. The proof is nice but this drinks a bit hotter than it should. Oaky structure, lots of tannins.
Finish: Long finish, a bit hot still, but oaky and delicious. Tannic and dry, loaded with raisin, toffee, tobacco and vanilla.
Overall: Delightful and unique. Drinking a bit hotter than it should be, but the oak walks a fine line perfectly without misstep.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Brown-Forman Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1491. Woodford Reserve Whiskey Magic The Gathering of the Barrels Rays Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1438. Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2019
- Review #1423. Woodford Reserve Distillery Select Barrel Finished Rye
- Review #1248. Woodford Reserve Batch Proof 2018
- Review #1216. Jack Daniels Angels Share 107pf
- Review #1127. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof
- Review #1019. Jack Daniels Single Barrel Barrel Proof Woodmans Selection
- Review #1013. Old Forester 1920: : Prohibition Style
- Review #1011. Old Forester 1910: Old Fine Whiskey
- Review #1009. Old Forester 1897: Bottled In Bond