Distiller: Heaven Hill
Bottler: Heaven Hill
ABV: 61.6% ABV
Nose: Rich caramel, toffee, waffle cone and some cinnamon. Ethanol is present, powerful and a bit aggressive.
Taste: Rich on the palate but loaded with fire. This drinks well over its proof, and while it coats the palate nicely, it’s punishing. Flavors are bold and easy to ascertain: rich caramel, faint cherry, sweet waffle cone and a hint of oak. Also, ethanol. It’s hot hot hot.
Finish: Short, relieving finish, letting some of that fire subside. Caramel and oak on the finish, hint of sweet cream.
Overall: This is a great start, but there is quite a bit of work to do to get this to a release I think people will glorify. A120 is simply too hot, plain and simple. The flavor is there, but it’s almost completely shrouded in the pain of finding it. I’m going to keep an eye on Larceny Barrel Proof and hope the B520 will be more dialed in, but this first release is a fire bomb.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Heaven Hill Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1604. Evan Williams Single Barrel
- Review #1505. Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond 13yr Limited Edition 2005
- Review #1483. Parkers Heritage Collection 8yr Rye
- Review #1465. Elijah Craig Small Batch Tippins Selection
- Review #1462. Elijah Craig Small Batch Raleigh Bourbon and Banter Selection
- Review #1459. Elijah Craig Small Batch Cedar Hills Beaverton Selection
- Review #1441. Elijah Craig Rye
- Review #1435. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof C919
- Review #1420. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof B519
- Review #1286. Elijah Craig Barrel Proof Batch 11