Distiller: Buffalo Trace
Bottler: Buffalo Trace
Selection: Bourbon Street Wine and Spirits
ABV: 46.5% ABV
Nose: Big brown sugar note up front, lots of pepper, spice, a hint of earthiness. Molasses, really heavy on the nose in an enticing manner. Sweet, desserty, with a hint of pepper and earth.
Taste: Thin on the palate, but the proof is right. Not hot, feels about 93 proof, but doesn’t convey a syrupy or rich essence. Earthy, lots of pepper, some honey, a bit of caramel.
Finish: Medium finish. Quite well mannered, nice flavor here though it doesn’t stick around a ton.
Overall: Overall, this is fine. Not the best Blanton’s single barrel I’ve had, but far from the worst. I like this about as much as a standard, off the shelf, Buffalo Trace.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Buffalo Trace Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1620. Old Weller Antique 7yr Single Barrel #109 NCF
- Review #1595. Pappy Van Winkle 20yr 2018
- Review #1581. Van Winkle Family Reserve 13yr Rye 2015
- Review #1575. Sazerac 18yr Rye 2015
- Review #1570. Pappy Van Winkle 23yr 2019
- Review #1488. Eagle Rare 10yr Bourbon Street Wine and Spirits Selection
- Review #1480. Old Weller Antique Fine Wine and Good Spirits Selection
- Review #1444. Colonel E.H Taylor Amaranth Grain of the Gods
- Review #1411. Pappy Van Winkle 15yr
- Review #1399. Stagg Jr. Batch 11