ABV: 55% ABV
Nose: Powerful, pine forward and very juniper forward. Good hit of ethanol. Not super complex on the nose, its fairly one noted, but up my alley.
Taste: Thick and rich on the palate. That heavy ethanol from the nose doesn’t translate to astringency or too much heat on the palate, which is delightful. Syrupy, loaded with pepper, rising sourdough, pine, juniper and a strong citrus notes.
Finish: Short finish, a bit hotter than I’d like, which surprises me from the palate. Pine, juniper and orange peel lead things out.
Overall: Overall, I quite like this. It holds up super well in a cocktail, especially against things like vermouth and heavy citrus. This is screaming martini material.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Undisclosed Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1710. Goodwyn Company Gin
- Review #1704. Green House Gin
- Review #1669. Mugshot II Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Blend
- Review #1606. Plantation Jamaica 2002 Grand Terroir
- Review #1597. Rolling Fork 11yr Rum
- Review #1589. Four Gate Whiskey Company Foundation Batch 3
- Review #1554. Grangestone 12yr Scotch Whiskey
- Review #1552. Navazos Palazzi Ron 2020 23yr Rum
- Review #1524. Bozal Sacatoro
- Review #1508. Barrell Craft Spirits 14yr Single Barrel V220 Rye Bourbon Street Wine and Spirits Selection