Bottler: Kentucky Owl
Brand: Kentucky Owl
ABV: 57.5% ABV
Nose: Honey, biscuits, light honey roasted peanuts, a hint of fruit. Some pepper, a bit of oak structure.
Taste: Medium mouth feel. Oak driven, but not super tannic. Moderate ethanol. Some peanut brittle, some bananas foster, a hint of red berry and a great big bit of oak. Little bit of tobacco.
Finish: Long finish, but heavy on the oak. Good bit of char. Honey, faint fruit and cocoa are prominent otherwise.
Overall: Strong oak character and with a bit going on. This is pretty good, but not phenomenal. The strong oak structure helps keep the fruit in check, so if you’re a fan of oakier releases this will definitely place highly for you. That said, keep your wallet in your pants.
Thanks for reading!
10 Most Recent Undisclosed Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Review #1750. Smokehead
- Review #1724. Cadenheads Old Raj Gin
- Review #1710. Goodwyn Company Gin
- Review #1704. Green House Gin
- Review #1669. Mugshot II Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey Blend
- Review #1606. Plantation Jamaica 2002 Grand Terroir
- Review #1597. Rolling Fork 11yr Rum
- Review #1589. Four Gate Whiskey Company Foundation Batch 3
- Review #1554. Grangestone 12yr Scotch Whiskey
- Review #1552. Navazos Palazzi Ron 2020 23yr Rum