The Schtick: This is a single barrel, hand filled bottle of Copper and Kings American Brandy. It was matured in a Four Roses barrel, and bottled at cask strength. They do not filter, or color, their spirits.
Distiller: Copper and Kings (Kentucky, USA)
Bottler: Copper and Kings
ABV: 63% ABV
Nose: Clove, pepper, nougat, ethanol, cherry, cocoa, pepper, rich berries. I’m really enjoying the diversity here on the nose. Not too dominantly fruit, not too oaky. Not too sweet but not too bitter.
Taste: Thick, rich, oaky. Lots of cherry, cocoa, pepper, and tobacco. Man this is nice. Lots of rich blackberry and currant with cloves near the back. Some heat, reasonable for the proof.
Finish: Long, some heat. Complex and rich. Cocoa, oak, pepper and caramel play nicely. Rich blackberry preserve and tobacco.
Overall: This was really fantastic. Rich, complex, oaky but too much. Big fan. The heat was in check, the oak was in check, the fruits got their time in the limelight. Really well executed.
Thanks for reading!
Other Copper and Kings Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Copper and Kings Butchertown Reserve Cask Brandy
- Copper and Kings American Brandy, Binny’s Selection
- Copper and Kings Floodwall American Brandy
- Copper and Kings Craftwerks Craft Beer Barrel Finished Collection
- Copper and Kings Three Marlenas Tequila Finished
- Copper and Kings Phoenix Collaboration Barrel
- Copper and Kings Destillare Orange Curacao Aged in Brandy Barrels