The Schtick: This is an unaged, overproofed rum from Privaterr in Ipswitch, MA. It is produced from 100% molasses.
Distiller: Privateer (Ipswitch, MA)
ABV: 57% ABV
Nose: Very clearly their un-aged over proofed release. Rich, creamy, vanilla. Very corn forward on the nose, despite being none in their base. Some mild funky fruits, light banana, lemon, lime, maybe some orange. Very light compared to the robust creaminess and the vanilla icing presence.
Taste: Medium mouth feel, the heat is there. Cream, vanilla, sugar, icing, pepper, light orange peel. Shockingly palatable.
Finish: Medium length, pepper and vanilla ice cream. Light fruitiness, but mostly just sweet.
Overall: All things considered, this was a nice. I bet it will play nicely in a cocktail where funk and the tears of dying abused fruit aren’t always the best contenders on the flavor wheel.
Thanks for reading!
Other Privateer Expressions I Have Reviewed:
- Privateer Navy Yard
- Privateer Distiller’s Drawer Single Cask: The Iron Dram
- Privateer Distiller’s Drawer Single Cask: Harvest Nectar
- Privateer Distiller’s Drawer Single Cask: Thief and Hammer
- Privateer The Queen’s Share
- Privateer Distiller’s Drawer Single Cask: Cigar Box